Summit Pumpkin Pie & Summit Coconut Cake
Summit Pumpkin Pie
(as made for the “Invisible Illness SUMMIT” in Gig Harbor, WA)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 cup sugar (can use Zero Calorie sweetener “Lakanto™” it tastes and measures exactly the same as sugar. Available from retailers online, not available locally)
- 1 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk for dairy-free option
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Whipped topping with heavy cream – for dairy-free option, whip concentrated coconut milk (can) and sweeten with Lakanto™ to avoid sugar. I use my NutriBullet™ for this type of whipping with the flatter blade and small cup.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate with coconut oil.
- Stir all ingredients except whipped topping until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. Serve with whipped topping. Store covered in refrigerator to avoid drying out.
Summit Coconut Cake
Use your favorite Gluten-free cake mix and follow directions except:
- Substitute coconut milk for milk – use canned coconut milk for a denser cake, carton of coconut milk for lighter cake
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice to taste – I like it tart so I add about 6 TB. to one box of cake mix
- Top with a mixture of shredded coconut
Enjoy….thank you for participating in the Gig Harbor Summit and sharing our delicious lunch prepared without dairy, wheat/gluten or nightshades.